This year I started asking Questions of the Week! The kids all really liked answering the questions and the parents loved to come in throughout the week and see their children's answers. I write them on a large white board in our classroom, you could do it on chart paper too and save the answers to make a giant book.
Here are the questions that I asked this year.
1. What was your favorite thing about the summer?
2. If you could be an animal, what animal would you be?
3. What is something that you are really good at?
4. What is something that you are not so good at?
5. What do you think Dad does at work?
6. What do you think Mom does at work?
7. What is one reason you like the Fall?
8. What is your favorite song to sing?
9. What is your favorite candy?
10. What would you grow on your farm?
11. What is one word to describe you?
12. What would you bring with you on the Mayflower?
13. What is something you are thankful for?
14. What is your favorite color?
15. What is your favorite thing about school?
16. What do you want to be when you grow up?
17. What would your elf name be?
18. What do you want to do in the New Year?
19. How long would you like to hibernate?
20. What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?
21. What is your favorite letter in the alphabet? Why?
22. What would you like 100 of?
23. What would you not like 100 of?
24. Who do you want to give a valentine to?
25. What can you make music with?
26. What is your favorite weather?
27. Who is your favorite Dr. Seuss character?
28. What would you do with a leprechaun's pot of gold?
29. What do you eat with noodles?
30. What kind of flower do you like?
31. What kind of food do you think is yummy?
32. Why do you like to come to school?
33. What could be inside an Easter Egg?
34. How can you "Go Green"?
35. Where do you want to go on vacation?
36. Why do you love Mom?
37. What color is your house?
38. If you were a bird, where would you fly?
39. What are you bigger than?
40. What is your favorite kind of art?
41. Why do you love Dad?
42. What was your favorite thing about school?
This was the beginning of summer camp, but we kept them going!!
43. What will be in your garden?
44. What are fireworks made of?
45. Why do you love the summer?
46. What do you want to be under the sea?
47. What beach do you go to?
48. What is your favorite animal at the zoo?
49. If you were a dinosaur, would you be an herbivore or a carnivore?
50. Where in the world do you want to go?
51. If you were an astronaut where would you go?
52. What do you like the most about our school?
Do you ask your children questions of the week? What questions do you ask? I love sharing ideas with other teachers, make a comment to let me know that you stopped by!