Sunday, September 15, 2013

We're Wild About Preschool!

The first week of school was a mixture of exciting and terrifying. I have had to mentally go back to last year to remember what it was like, and readjust myself.
Our school weekly theme was "Welcome Back! We're Wild About Preschool!" and I didn't start a letter this week so that myself and the new class had a chance to get used to the classroom, focus on making friends with each other and adjusting to the classroom and school.

This year I'm going to ask the class a Question of the Week and at the end of the year I want to make a book for the class.
This week's question: What was your favorite thing about summer?
Here are some of the answers that I got.


This week we read: Curious George's First Day of School by H.A. Rey
                                Splat the Cat by Rob Scotton
                                The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood
                                The Loud Book by Deborah Underwood
                                (Monday was Labor Day, so only 4 days this week)

We played responsive classroom games, The Weather Changed, Just Like Me, I have, Who has, and Body Drumming.  Great ideas from teachers here! I've used these games before and the kids really love them!

Other activities we did this week were to go on a Nature Walk on our school's trail,
Drew a picture on the children's first day of school (I tucked those away in their portfolios) and I got the idea here
I traced the kids' hands and had them color them and write the numbers 1-10,
 Paper Plate Lions, 

 Paper Plate Snakes, 

A School bus craft, 

and a paper towel roll giraffe.


The kids had a great week playing, working and getting to know their new friends! This year is going to be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment