Friday, June 19, 2015

My Father!

The theme for the third week of June was "My Father". We spent a lot of our last week of the "school year" playing games and reviewing things that we've talked about.
Graduation is here! We had a really fun week gearing up for Friday's ceremony. Check out the "If You Give a Butterfly a Diploma" post to see it all in one place!

This week we readKing Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood
                                        I Love My Daddy by Sebastian Braun
                                        I Love My Dad by Anna Walker
                                        I Love My Daddy by David Bedford
                                        The Night Before Father's Day by Natasha Wing
                                 
Our question of the week was "What was your favorite thing about school?"

We did a few fun review activities for different things that we talked about. The children practiced recognizing similar shapes with this quick worksheet.

We also played bingo with shapes and colors. So fun! And this really helped us work on playing with each other and following the rules of a game.


They also practiced the numbers 1-20.
And they worked on using print clues to find the color words!

For our theme "My Father",  we celebrated Dad! The children drew pictures of their Dad.

The children wrote in their journals about why they loved their Dad's.

The children also worked really hard to make this really cool gift for their Dads. the children each took turns to drizzle colored chocolate on bite sized pretzels... Yum!! Then, the children decorates a tie to put it all together. They were so excited to give them to their dads for Father's Day! We of course had to try some to make sure it was good! =]

While bringing the school year to a close, we did some fun activities. Each child made a page for a class-book about their favorite thing about school.

We watched the movie Up, one of my favorites! and the children painted balloons... for my favorite display ever!

 Leave a comment below and let me know that you stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment